Oracle is pleased to announce the availability of Oracle Rdb
Release 7.2 field test. The field test of Oracle Rdb 7.2 is available
to run on OpenVMS Industry Standard 64 for HP Integrity Servers and for
OpenVMS for AlphaServer systems.
To join the Beta program, you can
register online at the Rdb Beta Test Page, follow the "Rdb Beta
Programs" link at http://www.oracle.com/rdb . Once your registration
application has been submitted, our Beta Program Administrator will
review it for approval. When you log back in to the site after being
approved, you will see a page welcoming you to the program and links for
the documentation and software download.
This field test software allows Oracle Rdb-based applications to be
ported to OpenVMS for Itanium(r) architecture-based HP Integrity
servers. Most Rdb-based applications that run today on AlphaServer
systems need only to be recompiled, relinked and tested in order to run
on Integrity servers.
The full suite of the Rdb database engine functionality
is available for this 7.2 field test on both the AlphaServer and
Integrity server platforms. This functionality includes:
- Rdb, RDO and RDML precompiler and interactive interfaces
- SQL precompiler and interactive interfaces
- Local and global buffering and row caches
- Data protection via before-image and after-image journaling
- 2-phase transaction and multi-database support
- Remote database access via TCP/IP and DECnet
- Oracle Rdb Hot Standby
- Oracle Rdb LogMiner
- Built-in remote database access capabilities over DECnet or TCP/IP
- RMU backup, restore, recover, verify, show statistics, load, unload, etc.
The Oracle Rdb field test release 7.2 requires a minimum of OpenVMS
Alpha V7.3-2 and a minimum of OpenVMS for Integrity Servers V8.2.
Oracle expects to release Oracle Rdb Release 7.2 for production use
in the second half of calendar year 2005.
Rdb Beta Programs Administrator